Tuesday, May 22, 2007

A Must Read!!

An article written by C.R. Goodwin and a site worth visiting for a younger perspective on these issues. C.R. Goodwin attended the Disciples Making Disciples Training. Click on his name and read the rest of the article and be sure to leave comments along the way.

I do, therefore, I am.

This, as you can see, is my first blog post on here. I'm not sure how often I'll be doing this but I deleted my other blog on myspace to make this one so I guess it should be fairly consistent. I just recently participated in the most transformational experience in my entire christian life. Yesterday I got home from the first of 2 training weekends that are designed to tear down people's preconceived notions about theology and Christianity and teach them how to become tools for God that they'd never even imagine.

While at this training I saw people make commitments to change and transform their lives that only God could have motivated them to make. I saw people released and empowered to use their spiritual gifts that disbelieving critics would write off as passed away. I saw teachings that are never taught in churches because it would ruin their division, doctrine and systems that they cling more dearly to than the movement of the Holy Spirit. I cannot wait until the second half of this training so that I can learn what my gifts are and how to use them for the betterment of the Kingdom of God.

The title of my blog is translated from LATIN as "I do therefore I am." So my question to you is "What do you do?" Is what you do the same as what you profess to believe? Do you argue theology in one way then perform it in a completely different way? Having asked those questions I'll leave you with a quote from BRENNAN MANNING...

Visit C.R. Goodwin for the rest of the story.

4 Comments:

At May 22, 2007 12:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, Bobert, where is this training available? This is the Keystone training, right?

 
At May 22, 2007 12:37 PM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

This is the Keystone training being reproduced and taught by leaders who attend Keystone training in Keystone, S.D.

We are attempting to mobilize trainers around the world to share the training in their regions.

You could come to one of ours or I can get someone to do it in your area. There is a guy at Bethel College who would likely do this.

I'll follow up.

We don't charge for this at all.

 
At May 24, 2007 9:13 AM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

I take that back. We need to invite you to S.L. for our next training. Two full weekends with many more to follow. We need to let the Holy Spirit work on you a bit longer or the training will kill you.

 
At May 29, 2007 12:34 PM, Blogger Dr. Terry M. Goodwin said...

Mike - if you think I rile you on this board - wait until I get you in a classroom for 8 hours. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters