Friday, May 04, 2007

You won't believe this!

What a year this has been. My brother committed suicide in January and left us all with great sadness. Then in March our home burns down, lost most everything including my Gold Wing, Chel's car, and my truck and it was only minutes that saved the neighbors house. I have a skin graft on my left hand and arm past the elbow. They dispatched 4 firetrucks, 2 of them broke down, and one of them got lost.

And now today I find out a small tick bit me and gave me Lyme disease. Now I'm on a 21 day stretch of strong antibiotics. They say you never get rid of lyme disease but it does go in remission with the medicine.

I'm off to Seattle in the morning to work with some pastors and churches for the weekend.

Just information, not a pity party. I'm not Paul or Job or others who had it or have it allot worse than I. Seems weird to me that's all. But I press on with your prayers!

I know God's not trying to kill me because He saved my life and I got out just seconds before the garage (I was in) ceiling collapsed! Who is trying to kill me? :)

3 Comments:

At May 04, 2007 3:20 PM, Blogger Slatts said...

I am truly sorry to hear about this! It is good you found it out early though! You and your family are in my prayers.

 
At May 05, 2007 5:18 AM, Blogger Scott said...

I love you, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I call to the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies. The cords of death entangled me; the torrents of destruction overwhelmed me. The cords of the grave coiled around me; the snares of death confronted me. In my distress I called to the Lord; I cried to my God for help. From his temple he heard my voice; my cry came before him, into his ears...

He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters. He rescued me from my powerful enemy, from my foes, who were too strong for me. They confronted me in my day of disaster, but the Lord was my support. He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me.

-Psalm 18:1-6, 16-19

 
At May 05, 2007 12:16 PM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

Love you guys! Thanks a bunch!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters