Sunday, April 29, 2007

My neighbors!

My neighbors are India -Indians! At our temporary apartment we live to be led by the Spirit. Not by chance, I presume, we are where we are.

*Help a guy push a car that was stalled.
*Encourage a lady who lives with her elderly mother. Offer to help her carry in groceries.
*Encourage a guy with two dogs and all that two dogs leave behind.
*In the middle of grilling supper (on our new little grill), I find myself fixing a new bike that belongs to Breathy an Indian girl who can't ride her new bike, the chain is off, Mom and dad have no tools, dad works all the time. A few minutes and mom says "God bless you!" Within minutes mom brings us an Indian dessert made with carrots and raisins. It was like nothing I have ever tasted, it was great! Breathy has ridden her bike for two days and she always tells me - "it's still working with a huge mile." Mom says, she'll introduce us to spicy curry. I can hardly wait.

Is there another reason we find ourselves in this apartment complex? I look around and I wonder how many are like sheep without a Shepherd. I pray and I carry a heavy heart. I wonder, who I am supposed to reach for Jesus? Will you pray with me?

I would love for my burned down house, lost possessions and burns/skin grafts to have an eternal purpose. I would feel so honored if someone would come to know Jesus the way I know Him through all of this!

Will you pray that I am listening to the prodding of God and pray that I will hear and obey.

2 Comments:

At April 30, 2007 4:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's the simple things, isn't it Bob? The simple touches we make in others lives that enable them to one day see the Father through us.

 
At April 30, 2007 7:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bob,
This is my first post ever. I want you to know what a wonderful example you are to me. Through you I have seen what walking in the spirit really looks like. You are Terry’s mentor but my example of how I strive to love my life.
God has you where He needs you and I am praying for you to be open to the spirit when He leads. Also for you and Michelle as you go down this road of healing.

Suzette

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters