Friday, July 13, 2007

A BRIEF TESTIMONY...

I'm only alive because of God.

When we had the fire that consumed most of our possessions on March 17th of this year (my gold wing motorcycle malfunctioned and caught the house on fire) there is more to the story.

I am a stubborn fighter so I stood my ground trying to put the fire out. I stood in the back of the garage and struggled to pull the pin out of the fire extinguisher so its contents could be released. The pin refused to come out. So I left the burning garage and once out of the garage the pin easily came out of the extinguisher and I released its' contents.

Two things you should know:

1) The paramedics told me that had I been successful in extinguishing the fire at the back of the garage, I would have inhaled the heated smoke from the fire and would have likely collapsed right in my steps.

2) After I emptied the extinguisher outside the garage, within seconds the garage ceiling collapsed.

I say all of that to say to you that God is a God of miracles and that I am fortunate by God's grace to be alive. He (God) alone redeemed me and saved me (twice) from imminent death through fire.

It wasn't luck, it was God's hand. Only the future will tell why God saved my life if I am obedient. I do not want my life lived to die in vain. I long to be faithful to God with every passing second. He saved my life now I long to live His purpose in doing so. Will you pray that I will be found faithful?

1 Comments:

At July 13, 2007 6:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen. Hallelujah. Bob, I pray that you will continue to live out God's calling on your life. That He would continue to inspire you to the task that only YOU can do ONLY through Him.

Love ya, bro!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters