Friday, July 06, 2007

Fire Update...

Several have been asking about where we are in our health and house.

Here is goes, for those who are newly joining us, we had a total loss house fire on March 17th. My Goldwing was the culprit. It either had a short in the wiring or the choke float got stuck while I was running the bike in the garage to charge up the battery. Or something else happened, we will never know. Anyway the running bike caught the house on fire, then caused my burns as I was trying to put the fire out. We lost everything but the stuff in storage in the basement.

Anyway, I sustained third degree burns on my left arm and forehand. Had skins grafts which are taking and I continue to have nerve regeneration pain and itching. But, I am on the mend.

Our home is being rebuilt. All is going well. All we need now are the windows, new siding and interior work such as drywall plumbing and wiring. Finally there is progress. The general contractor needs our prayers, he has sustained major heart failure, so the owner of the company has taken over our home re-build. Things are moving forward. We are eager to get back to a neighborhood filled with neighbors whom we love and it is obvious that they love us also.

We are looking forward to a August/September move in.

Anyway these are stress filled days as we try to pick out the stuff such as cabinets and flooring and furniture. Even in the light of getting new stuff (thanks to having good insurance), I would rather have what we had before the fire. But reality is such that we cannot go backwards but in the end we must move ahead.

God has protected us, and He is alive and well and His Holy Spirit gives daily infilling and direction for which we will forever give thanks.

Thank you for your continued prayers as we get through this traumatic fire and all that continues to follow. We are becoming optimistic that what Satan meant for evil - God allowed for good.

Keep prayin, please!

7 Comments:

At July 06, 2007 7:37 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Bob,

I'm very glad to hear your update and know that you, your wife, and your home are all on the mend.

Since my wife and I battled cancer a few years ago I'm always eager to hear from people who have gone through severe life crisis how that crisis has shaped them. Perhaps it's still to raw, but sometime I'd like to hear how God has worked all of this together for good.

blessings my friend!
bill

 
At July 06, 2007 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bob,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss and your injuries.

I pray that God will touch your body even as he has touched your heart by those who have come around you and your wife to minister to you in your loss.

Grace and peace to you, brother.

 
At July 06, 2007 5:53 PM, Blogger Scott said...

You are a Good Friend Bob. May God continue to touch your life with healing and wholeness.

As you have said, some may think picking out new stuff would be fun. We will continue to pray for all the stress and emotions that accompany such a task.

We love you both very much. Keep on pushing forward toward the goal and God Bless.

The Troyer Family

 
At July 06, 2007 7:37 PM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

Thanks, Bill, Peggy and Scott! It means allot.

 
At July 07, 2007 10:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great update! I am enjoying your other blog notes as well! You sound encouraged, and I am thankful for your influence. By the way, ZONDA says HI!

Brother Jim

 
At July 08, 2007 11:28 AM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

Brother Jim, it is so nice to hear from you on the blogsite.

You are such an encourager.

Tell Zonda hi for me.

Love you, Bro!

 
At July 08, 2007 10:28 PM, Blogger Rev. Rick Carder '87 / ' 03 said...

Great to hear about your progress...God has been faithful. You are always in my prayers! Brother Rick

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters