Wednesday, August 29, 2007

I CONFESS...

I'm not ever, I mean ever opposed to the Church -the family of God. Why would I hate something I am a part of, a world wide family of God.

I am pointing out a Great Commission deficiency in the Church Jesus Christ died for. I am pointing out a selfishness within each of us that often hinders the fulfillment of the Great Commission.

My greatest joy would be for the Church of which I am a part(around the world) to do what Jesus left us to do. Advance the kingdom by fulfilling the Great Commission of making disciples who make disciples who make disciples.

Am I clear on my confession?

4 Comments:

At August 31, 2007 3:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great clarification of your position Bob. I agree the Church exists to make disciples and strengthen each other in that task. Your Mum in law in the previous post says the Church meets the needs of many people, but has it met the overriding mandate to make disciples? She also refers to the Church as a place. Maybe a slip of the typing finger, but the Church is people, not a place and we must always challenge the disciples to greater service for the Master. So keep up the good work Bob
Brian C

 
At August 31, 2007 10:46 AM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

Thanks for the great response and you pin point the problem very well.

I just wish we could talk about the flaws that need to be addressed in the church, the place without the whole world getting defensive.

I'm have no interest in being politically correct. So what, I'm always in trouble. This has been my life, tell the truth, taker it or leave it. Some argue the tone but they seldom argue the truth given in the tone they hate.

 
At September 01, 2007 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe I've always agreed with your comments that the church is not what it should be, could be, and that a huge change needs to occur. Just for the record.

But I also agree with Mom2 (and you) that its not all bad, either.

 
At September 01, 2007 8:12 PM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

Me too! Thanks Mike. Better with her than without her, my mother in law and the local church.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters