Friday, August 17, 2007

In memory of..




Today I received a get well card from my mother with pictures of my brothers grave marker. Some of you will remember that on January 28th of this year he successfully ended his life. My parents found him in his home with his prayer book on his chest and his bible by his side. We can debate until eternity ends on where he is today. I'd rather not go there. My brother Glenn was a great brother and friend. I miss him greatly. Maybe this is the reason I cannot sleep. My youngest brother and only sister picked out and designed the grave marker. It reveals his simple lifestyle, his love for the outdoors, his love for deer hunting and the fact that he worked with his hands as a carpenter.

Tonight I post here in memory of Glenn, my brother and friend, whose life abruptly ended, but whose memory will be forever with me. I grieve deeply at this incredible loss for me and for our family and for others.

3 Comments:

At August 17, 2007 8:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leaning, leaning, safe and secure from all alarm. Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.

Love ya, my friend.

 
At August 17, 2007 10:34 AM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

Thanks Mike (S.A.M.) :)

I love the great hymns of the church.
We sing them when we gather as the church. Our children sing them with us as they worship with us.

 
At August 17, 2007 1:26 PM, Blogger Rev. Rick Carder '87 / ' 03 said...

Thanks Bob for the comments. We all loved Glen and appreciate the fact that God's Love is great. I have great memories of Glen! I look to focus on the grace and Love of our Lord, Jesus Christ.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters