Sunday, August 19, 2007

Who is Jesus to You?

If we can get this one right we can get the Church right. The Church should not be about style or models. If it is about styles or models we are focusing on the wrong thing.

Why do we speak about models or styles when we have the King of Kings and Lord of Lords to speak of?

Earnest God seeking people will not be drawn to models or styles, they are drawn to Jesus. Let's consider making Jesus the focal point and let Him lead as He wishes.

Later this morning people will attend worship services. Are they attending more out of style and models interest or more out of love for for Jesus? Interesting question, worth considering.

If those who attend worship do not have a Jesus encounter I would rather they didn't attend church until they do. Why? Because once they meet Jesus they will not be drawn to business as usual. Once they really focus on Jesus the style or model carries little significance.

I long for the Church to look at the question, "Who is Jesus to you?" Answering this question tells it all. Is our focus on styles and models or is it on Jesus. Jesus is all we really need. Jesus is who the world longs for. We can do our great man thing, but in the end it is the God things that matter.

Man models and styles or Is It Jesus?

3 Comments:

At August 19, 2007 9:50 AM, Blogger gltnforpnshmnt said...

I think this is a worthwhile question. And I don't think you mean it to be this way, but it could be read as What Do You Think Jesus Is Like?...in other words, that your question "Who is Jesus to you?" might be open to individual interpretation.

Just as Christ is one with the Father, YHWH, the I AM who does not fit into any human category, this is not a question that is open to many opposing viewpoints, really. The real question, simply, is "Who is Jesus?"

Again, I don't think you meant your question in that way, but I wanted to bring this up in case anybody DID think so. I assume you are really asking the question to find out what people think and believe about Jesus so that they can be discipled effectively, RIGHT???

 
At August 19, 2007 2:52 PM, Blogger Gary said...

There is power in the name of JESUS. I've found it amazing when you're around people who use the name God so frequently it's ok, but start talking about JESUS, then listen as the room gets quiet. That is power!!!! There really aren't enough words to express, my love for my SAVIOR!! But as the apostle Paul, if CHRIST had not been raised, then we are still dead in our trespasses and sins. This is the good news!! Why don't I shout it from the rooftops and in the streets? I'm not afraid to give my opinion about other things, why am I fearful of sharing the ONE who gives life? I want to fall deeply, madly in love with HIM. Don't you??

 
At August 21, 2007 12:38 PM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

Let's try to hear what Jesus means to you?

And I don't care about the church you attend, the pastor and your friends.

When did you last talk about Jesus publicly and what He means to you personally.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters