Monday, September 17, 2007

Another Disciple Making Blessing

As you know, I am still recovering from my second elbow infection. This time a staff infection. I just spent 5 days in the hospital and I am on my second week of rest, rest, rest. I was heading back to it today, but a few friends and my director insisted I lay back until the doc. releases me, while not having anymore sick time.

Michelle and I were blessed by a young emerging leading in our movement. Before my last infection erupted Brian emailed me to ask if I had been anointed. I hesitated because I was getting over the first infection, so I didn't ask anyone to anoint me. I confess I had thought of it before his email but felt I didn't need it even though I now recall the Father's promptings for me to humble myself and ask for it.

Since God spoke through Brian for my anointing I asked Pastor Terry and Suzette and Brian and Lori to join Michelle and I in the hospital room and for Brian to anoint me. I didn't want the pastor to do it, I wanted the one who was anointed to ask me about it. Brian and Lori brought their children and it was such a blessing to watch them fold their little hands and close their eyes for miracle prayer.

I was as were others, deeply moved by this Holy Spirit filled time. WOW! I know I was healed, I still believe I was touched/healed and perhaps may never know exactly how. Here's something to consider. Two day's after my anointing and minutes from being discharged my infection doctor changed my IV medicine because she discovered I was allergic to the medicine. Could this be part of the miracle? Or, would I be sick today had I obeyed the Spirit's prompting and reminder of Brian to be anointed?

I will always believe that when we are prayed over and anointed there is always healing of some kind of God's choosing. In a disciples making disciples movement God can do this through all of us (Brian and Lori) and not just through designated pastors.

Even though it is difficult to type, I just had to drop in and make sure you stay connected with me in prayer and in mission.

4 Comments:

At September 17, 2007 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blessings on you -- and on your buddy/anointer Brian for speaking up. Love you, as always.

 
At September 17, 2007 3:32 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Bob,

Pardon my candor, but if I understand correctly, you raise your own support, right? If that's the case, I can't see how anyone could rightfully put upon you a restriction of sick days.

I think you need to take as much time as necessary to heal and get out of this cycle. Anyone who would force you back to work in your state because you're "out of sick time" is doing you a great disservice when you are the one responsible for raising your own income.

Until they start paying your paycheck, sleep long and get well!

 
At September 19, 2007 11:34 AM, Blogger Kirk Kimble said...

Praise God for how He uses any circumstance for His people and for His glory! Romans 8:28... You receive from God, and a young disciple takes a big step in his obedience training! What a deal!

 
At September 23, 2007 11:14 AM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

Bill, I do but somehow this is accountability. The church has some weird ways.

I call the weird ways "business"

But the Church is not a "business".

I can't see Paul having paid sick time and no pay when the time ran out. When Jesus was sick, His needs were still met. Believe me, Jesus had days of being sick.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters