Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Let's call a "time out" in the church

Let's call a "time-out" in the church. Let's get into one of those holy huddles and let's take a hard look at our game strategy for reaching the lost. How many new people in your church today are moving to your church from another church? The answer to that question is staggering and almost more than I can bare to face. Truth is, we are attracting people to our churches because we have the better pastor, facility, excitement and program. While the saints are doing the holy shuffle - the lost are still lost.

I spoke with an elderly gentleman yesterday and he told me he and his wife were leaving x church to begin attending y church. I asked him why they were leaving x for y. He said, "there is really nothing wrong with the church we attend, we just want more from a church, we need more spiritual feeding. Our new church is exciting, they have a weekly budget of $30,000 and they are adding onto their facility. Next Sunday we are going to attend our new church."

I have one word that describes how this makes me feel. "SICK"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters