Monday, April 14, 2008

Quoteable Quote...

"What you use to call them into, is what you call them to."

Think about that the next time you try to decide how to grow your church.

One of the reason's I believe that believers are not personally making disciples is because that is not what they signed on for. This is why I believe the saints can say "amen" to making disciples without making disciples themselves. They know it is right but they do not believe it is personally for them. That's not what they signed on for.

People do not like us changing the rules they originally agreed to when they joined our church(s).

Thots???

2 Comments:

At April 18, 2008 7:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bob, Henry Blackaby devotion for today is a good one (April 18). When are you comming back to the "promised land" LOL. Hope you guys are doing well. I thought of you guys last week, when our neighbor's house was struck by lightning and burnt to the ground. I took my day off and helped salvage what we could (dishes were about it). Makes you see the power of God's natural resource first hand and how really powerless we are as humans. The whole neighborhood showed Jesus to this couple. We serve a powerful, awesome God. Talk to you later. P.s. I recieved my 60 day plant closure letter yesterday. God is working on my behalf for a new job. Please praise him and ask for his will for me as we travel this journey to a new job. Peace-Out John

 
At April 20, 2008 11:09 PM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

Wow! You and the family are in my prayers. God is ahead of the paycheck! I know from experience. You have even better days ahead. Even though I have NO guarantee of a monthly paycheck, Jesus guarantees our provisions will be met. I trust Jesus as so shall you.

We together must walk together in faith that Jesus will do just as He said He would..

Love you John and company!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters