Sunday, September 21, 2008

I LOVE THE CHURCH - The Body of Christ

I like some of you have been blessed to grow up in a fine American Church. My Church was the exception, Pastor Downey was my Pastor. He led us well. In the Church I discovered Jesus and His power, I witnessed Truth and I saw the Holy Spirit unleashed in all of His power. I have been blessed.

We had no entertaining elements, we just came for Jesus.

We had no Hype, Jesus was all we needed.

We went out into the world to lead people to Jesus. I was there, I went every week to lead people to Jesus. We never forgot this was our charge.

Ours was the first church bus entering the other side of the tracks where black people lived. I lived in a suburb of Detroit where prejudice was common, even in the Church. I stood in homes, I picked up the African American children, I loved them and so did the rest of the family.

Our music was good but it was no Hollywood experience and that was just fine.

We came together as the Body of Christ to hear from Jesus and to experience all that the Holy Spirit was willing to give out. And He spared nothing in the pouring. I witnessed a God that is alive and still doing miracles.


I love the Church - the Body of Christ - I hate what we have done to her over recent modern years. I say "we" because I am part of the "we".

MY HEART CONTINUES TO GRIEVE AND YET CONTINUES TO REJOICE FOR WHAT CHURCH MEANS TO ME.

Rev and Mrs Downey made my life and belief that God is real - very possible. Thank you Jesus for your Church the Body receptive to You, ALWAYS!

As I said, I love the Church, but I also hate what we have done to her in modernity.

3 Comments:

At September 22, 2008 9:32 AM, Blogger Eric Wilson said...

No one comments on this. They want to consider you hateful and full of animosity towards the church. They just ignore any posts that they can not pervert to sound like that.

 
At September 22, 2008 10:39 AM, Blogger Zach said...

when hate is the accusation, love is the only response, because love shines through hate, and perfect love casts out all fear (which is in may instances the root of hate). I know this Scripture reference isnt entirely contextually applicable, but the phrase "in so doing, you will heap burning coals on their heads" comes to mind
:)

 
At September 22, 2008 7:33 PM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

God and only God could do this for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters