Monday, October 06, 2008

I REPENT BEFORE THE WORLD...

Since many of you only know me by and through my postings I can assume that you do not really know me. I do know that when I have called sin what it is in the modern American Church some leaders have chosen to get defensive and really angry.

I get really saddened because I am calling out the modern American Church on their sin and that call is rejected. We need Great Commission obedience.

I want to repent this morning. Not for calling the modern American Church out to repent for their sin, but for my own neglect.

I pastored for 25+ years and had some great congregations. But I failed to call them into repentance for not obeying the Great Commission. I failed to call all believers to faithfully and personally engage the Great Commission. The Great Commission mandate is for all believers and no one is off the hook in their responsibility. If the world is ever to be won to Christ - it will take all of us walking and living in complete obedience to the Great Commission.

I repent for letting people slide on the Greatest Commission ever spoken to mankind by God.

May God have mercy on my soul.

7 Comments:

At October 06, 2008 5:20 PM, Blogger Eric Wilson said...

He already has Bob and He has already forgiven you. Don't forget that. If He has forgiven you how can it ever be held against you? God is using you in amazing ways and I know He will continue to do so.

 
At October 06, 2008 8:21 PM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

Thanks. I wish others could see God in all of this.

 
At October 07, 2008 8:37 AM, Blogger Rev. Rick Carder '87 / ' 03 said...

Confession is necessary if we are going to experience revival. Thanks for sharing your heart. I understand your intent to "make things right" from your pastoral days but focus on how to make a difference with the unchurched. God is looking for leaders who demonstrate by example. Share some stories of life-changing missional impact.

 
At October 07, 2008 9:31 AM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

comments are withheld, Rick!

 
At October 07, 2008 11:58 AM, Blogger Dr. Terry M. Goodwin said...

Rick - are you asking Bob to change his message or do you want him to say the things you think should be said here? Many of your comments on this blog have asked him to focus on the lost or forget about the problems in the church.

Don't blast me - I am just asking.

Over the last couple of years I have watched many people, mostly clergy of some kind, come here and blast Bob, challenge Bob, and at times even personally attack him. Most of them express some level of agreement with Bob about the condition of the American church. Most of them are deeply involved with it, like it appears you are.

So my question is this - are you here out of concern for your brother? Did you decide that confronting him here was what "He" needs at this time. Or is there something else driving you? In my spirit I sense there is more to the story. Please don't take this the wrong way. It seams as though your recent appearance on this blog might be motivated by something that needs to be revealed.

 
At October 08, 2008 8:59 AM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

Rick, There is no way I can make things right from my old days. I misled people by letting them casually walk past the Great Commission. I will always grieve over this. The world will never be won by casually walking passed the Great Commission. It is the supreme mandate and the supreme sin of the modern American Church.

 
At October 08, 2008 9:55 AM, Blogger Zach said...

No bob, there is nothing YOU can do, but all things are possible with God, and He WILL restore the years the locusts have eaten.

He put you there in the first place, He borught you out of it, and brought you here. Is God calling you to try and make it right? or is He simply calling you to obey today?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters