Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Humor me

I had Jury selection duty yesterday. I arrived at 8:30 a.m. with 200 others. They were selecting jurors for three trials. My group had over 60 people in it. We were released from the selection process at 7:30 p.m. Of course it was a total waste of my time and others as well. Since I'm still an ordained pastor and having served as Law Enforcement Chaplain for two departments I'm not getting picked, especially in a child molestation case.

It was a circus and the defense attorney was a real piece of work. If it wasn't so painful it would have been hilarious. I did get to meet allot of people and I guess that makes up for it.

But what about this story...A Rooster get's arrested...in Illinois

Rooster arrested in Benton, Ill.
Becky Malkovich
THE SOUTHERN ILLINOISAN
11/04/2008

BENTON, Ill. -- A rooster played chicken in the wrong town.

That's the word from the downstate community of Benton, where police took a rooster into custody after it allegedly confronted a woman and her child.

Police Chief Mike O'Neill says the rooster has been bothering people lately, trying to keep them from getting where they want to go.

O'Neill says officers had enough on Monday and took the rooster into custody after what he described as a brief scuffle.

Nobody was injured and the rooster was thrown in an enclosed area near the police department. There, it lived on chicken feed and water until police located the owner. Chickens aren't allowed to live in Benton and the rooster was turned over to the owner only after he promised to find it a new home in the country.

4 Comments:

At November 18, 2008 8:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a shame Bob you saw it as a waste of time. Maybe God put you there for a reason. So often we miss what His agenda is, simply because we have our own plans which don't necessarily fit with His. Having said that, I don't know exactly what your situation was in terms of the possibility for interacting with others there. I'm trying to teach myself to see every situation I find myself in through God's eyes, even the so called inconvenient ones, it's a long slow process though.

Brian C

 
At November 18, 2008 11:00 PM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

I said the Jury thing was a waste of time. Not the meeting of people. I did meet some interesting people. I met a Taiwanese mother with her son Nathan. We interacted allot. Her son took a liking to me --the 50 year old grandpa. I bought him animal cookies and I took the time to interact with him. I became his friend and mom told me she appreciated it. She said, if people don't pay attention to him he becomes restless. It was neat. I met his daddy later that night when he picked up Nathan a three year old and great kid. I was glad to be there for them, not glad about the circus. I agree with you. There had to be some purpose for the meeting. Thanks for reminding me! I know that's how God works!

 
At November 20, 2008 1:16 PM, Blogger Michael Ehret said...

I think the chicken should have been turned over to Col Sanders and his secret mix of herbs and spices...

"Punk" chickens ... what's next?

 
At November 21, 2008 11:35 AM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

I would have shot any chicken that was on my attack! No more freedom for a goosey chicken. You chicken goose me - you die! I cannot imagine my police officer friends from Indiana ever wrestling a chicken to the ground.

I'm with Mike, what's next?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters