Friday, March 24, 2006

Keystone, South Dakota -Snowmobile Thrill

As you know I am in Keystone, South Dakota just a short distance from Mt. Rushmore, a sight we can see fromt he restaurant we eat in everyday. I arrived on Tuesday night late for extensive training in Mutiplication of Disciples and Churches from Richard Greene.

Since our speaker was stuck in Minesota due to weather and inability to get a flight for his family of 11, we had most of Wednesday off. So the midwest district guys went snow-mobiling. Wow -what fun. This was my second time on a snow mobile. We topped speeds at 64 miles an hour, jumped hills and did what we could to get those babies airborn. There were five of us and five snow mobiles so you can imagine the fun. A couple of guys went airborn without the snowmobile, which means there was a parting of directions. A couple of guys rolled the sled -I was one of them. I have never enjoyed rolling a sled and speeding down a trail any more than I did that day. I did a few famous jumps but decided to hold back a little so I didn't hurt the ski or myself. Everyone finished the day safely and no snow mobile was hurt by our tricks in the snow. I was extremely tired the next day, everyone else is complaining of aches I don't have. So I am thrilled to have been in the hills -playing in the snow - enjoying God's beauty.

I'll try and get the pic of one of my big jumps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters