Tuesday, April 18, 2006

I'm still alive!

I'm in Indianapolis for a few days of Church Planting meetings and training. It was great tonight. It is amazing how what I learned in Keystone Training and what I am hearing here is dovetailing together. Everyone is saying the same thing. Everyone is going back to the mandate of making disciples.

I'm very honored to sit with the President of the Missionary Church, Dr. Bill Hossler and U.S. Ministries Director, Bob Ransom and listen to their hearts and hear them say in one way or another that they care more about reaching lost people than just expanding the Missionary Church. We just want to reach lost people and help everyone reach lost people because reaching lost people is what matters most to God.

We all agree that we must claim our regions for Christ and then work with every person and every denomination and every pastor who cares about reaching lost people. For instance if we are ever going to reach Kansas City and St. Louis for Christ we will need to partner with everyone in every group who care about reaching lost people. I'm for reaching lost people and I have a growing passion to join hands and hearts with everyone in these cities for the sake of the Gospel and for the sake of reaching lost people for Christ.

We all agree that we need to lead the Church in America back to the mandate of reaching and discipling lost people for Christ. It's not just about planting new Churches it is about Making Disciples who are taught to make other disciples.

I'm encouraged by the fact that there is not just one way to do it. There are many ways to reach lost people. Even some Churches in America are reaching some lost people. I celebrate reaching lost people and without the American Model we would not have those souls that have been won. BUT, I'm not ready to let the Church in America off the hook. I still keep pressing them to make disciples who make disciples. I still speak out against the "Come and See" Model of reaching lost people. I will celebrate the "Come & See" Model when they lead the people who "Come and See" to make disciples who make disciples who make disciples. So there you have it -I'll brag on the American Church when the American Church gets off it's butt and back in the trenches Monday through Saturday in Making Disciples.

Give me your thoughts....

3 Comments:

At April 19, 2006 1:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bob! You're in Indy? That's where I live! Let's eat dinner or get coffee if you're free.
812-583-3800 (c)
-Adam D

 
At April 19, 2006 9:15 PM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

I'm sorry I missed you. I will make a point to see you soon and I'll buy dinner. I wish you would have called me - I was soooo busy I didn;t have time to think about you being in town. I will make it up to you.

Love you bro,

 
At April 23, 2006 6:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Indy. Please let me move back there sometime soon. Because that would mean I have a new job!

Bob did you get to spend any time actuallly out IN my beautiful city that I miss more every day? Where are the photos? you have photos from the other places you go...where are the Indy shots?

Sigh...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters