Thursday, August 17, 2006

I Love the Church of Jesus Christ!

I really do love the Church of Jesus Christ! Afterall, Jesus died for us. His reason for coming to earth was for us. He intercedes for us. He sent the Holy Spirit to us. He resurrected from the grave for us. He loves us! He wants an intimate relationship with us.

If at any time you feel I am not for her-the Church-the family of God, remember I am trying to help the Church realize her rightful place and tremendous priviledge of living out the Supremacy of the Great Commission which moves us beyond a place or structure and many more things.

It never bothers me where you choose to meet for worship, in your home, at a "church building, with friends, at Star Bucks, at a park and I wish someone would do it in a bar. I don't even think the Bible specifies a day and time. You can and should live a life of worship and you should meet with others in the Body of Christ for support and direction. But it never stops there. I love the concept of the Church (that is you and I who belong to Jesus) , being discipled and discipling others who disciple others. This doesn't take money (but we should give beyond ourselves), nor does it take a certain building, nor does it carry the baggage we have been taught. I love the Church - I love you. You can worship as the Body of Christ anywhere for sure. If we are to be effective in making disciples who make disciples we will need to broaden our view of where true discipleship takes place and the fact that it takes a lifetime.

New disciples do not need a class in a home or in a church building to reproduce disciples. I recommend that while they are hot we should turn them loose to disciple others in the things they know and the experiences they have enjoyed wih Jesus. While that is happening you continue walking with them and pouring your life into them while turning them lose to pour their lives into someone. If you wait until you think they know enough -they will have grown cold and they will soon learn that they don't know everything and therefore they will think they are not ready. I love the Church who is organic and reproducing and trusting the Holy Spirit to be our teacher while pouring our lives and Truth about Jesus into the lives of others. Every believer can do this, with the help of God.

I love the Body of Christ often referred to as the Church. She is never a building or a program or man's design. The Comforter is here to teach us and guide us and equip us to do the work of fulfilling our mission -the Great Commission. Who needs a mission statement when we already have one. Jesus told us what to do -"Go" Then He told us how to do it - "Make disicples" and "Teach to Obey" and "Baptize Them in the Name of the Father & Son & Holy Spirit". And then He reminded us that He would be with us always.

If I choose, I would rather have Jesus lead me -that me lead me. I have been leading me for way to long. Do you know what I mean? It i God's plan for us to to be led by Jesus! And when I let Him lead - things happen in tranformational ways - I never dreamed possible.

I love all of you who are in Christ...I love you - the Church! And the world will love you and me too -when we become the Church who represent Jesus in our daily lives.

Hummmm, this is really good preaching, don't you think? Are you with me out there? I love you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters