Thursday, August 17, 2006

It is ALL about the Kingdom...

I am proud to be a part of a group of people known as the Missionary Church, people who place the kingdom of God before our own denomination. Our leadership at the top love our Church -but love the kingdom more. With that in mind, I will help you-we will help you fulfill God's dream of preparing people for eternity and helping people take more people to heaven with us. We celebrate your conversions and baptisms and discipleship efforts. We are just as much excited when you lead someone to Jesus as we are when one of our members lead someone to Jesus!

Is anyone ever troubled by our "My church ministry focus?" I'm running into allot of people who care more about building their thing than about helping the entire Body of Christ across denominational lines build the kingdom of God.

May God help us celebrate the success of the Church next door or across town. When did we ever begin to think our little kingdom or ministry was more important? When did we decide to be in competition with other ministries who are growing by fulfilling the Great Commission?

I'm telling prospective Church disciple making - church planters that if they choose not to connect with us -I will treat them no different than I treat our own (they are not really our) teams. We will help each other, encourage others, and I will consider it a joy to be in "one accord" serving with "all of you" for the advancement of the kingdom.

It really is time we put ourselves and our own success and ministries at the same level as others (across denominational and cultural lines) , doing Great Commission work in our communities and world.

I celebrate those who view the kingdom above all else.

What do you think about this -I really long to hear from you. Are you with me? Are you O.K. out there?

It really is -ALL about the kingdom (God is smiling)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters