Monday, October 16, 2006

YOU Really Can't...

You are right...YOU really cannot fulfill the Great Commission (of personally discipling people to Jesus and beyond so that they also disciple others to Jesus and beyond. YOU are right.

Why do YOU think YOU need to do it? Why don't YOU believe that God wants to invade YOU as a vessel for Him to work through? YOU cannot do it - BUT JESUS CAN! If only we would let Jesus (Holy Spirit) work through us.

Pastor Terry Goodwin (our first Pastor in St. Louis) is right...In order for God to change the world -He needs surrendered Christ-like followers, who will let Him lead through our surrender?

For me, I join with those who live to say "YES" and then who 'look and wait' for God-opened doors to walk through (a refreshing change in my life). While serving we allow God to lead the conversation and as we do -He gives us the words and actions He wishes to use. As hearts are further opened, the love of Jesus flows through us to them. Over time a relationship is birthed and then as we continue yielding God does it over and over again. I cannot do it -But JESUS CAN!

Yesterday as I gathered with a Church family (who is very dear to my heart) in Indiana, I was privileged to speak with a teenager who approached me and asked, "Do you hear it- listen -do you hear it?" I replied, "Sure I hear the music." He replied, "No, no, no -I mean do you hear the music speaking to you?" I was floored and I listened again and again until the music got into my mind and heart and soon I began to hear something speaking deep into my soul.

I concluded my brief exchange with these thoughts: Do you hear it? I mean do you really hear it? Do you hear the Holy Spirit speaking to you and through you? Do you hear Him? Are you listening for His small promptings everyday and along the way? Just as we listen for music to speak into the depths of our inner beings we need to listen even more intently as the Holy Spirit speaks into the chambers of our minds and hearts. As we hear Him - the result always leads to changing the world one life at a time.

3 Comments:

At October 16, 2006 1:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

"Give me 100 men who hate nothing but sin and love God with all their hearts and I will shake the world for Christ!" - John Wesley

Let's do it!!!

 
At October 16, 2006 2:08 PM, Blogger Tim said...

I'm so encouraged to hear great things happing in St. Louis, keep up the great work there.
You are in my prayers

 
At October 18, 2006 11:46 AM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

lyftoff - my prayers ar ewith you guys also...and please kep up the great work as well. When will I get one of those mean latte's?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters