Friday, January 26, 2007

Whambie Pambies

The world is full of Whambie Pambies as you already know! As a pastor I discovered more than not that the world was at times more "mature" than many found in the Christ community many call church. Or I could say it this way, "Why don't all the Whambie Pambies in the church take their pacifiers and go home and clean up their own stinkin mess?" Where did we get this entitlement attitude among believers? Why didn't the pastor visit me, or call me, or shake my hand or have us sing my kind of music or a million other whining non important stuff? Quit trying to kill your pastor!

While I'm ranting, whatever happened to church discipline and holding people accountable for their actions? We are real good at pointing at and condemning the people who drink, smoke and chew rather than confront a gossiping saint. I'm fed up with Whambie Pambies in the Christian community who are never disciplined. Spank their butts, that's what I say. And the next time your pastor preaches a Whambie Pambie sermon because he doesn't want to offend anyone, why don't you just get offended and when your pastor asks you why your left in the middle of His sermon, tell em the sermon was a Whambie Pambie sermon. Paul wasn't a whambie nor was Peter, James, and John and many others who spoke truth into the lives of people by rebuking and correcting and holding people to the line.

Lack of discipline, yes! Lack of true selfless living by professing believers, yes! Now I just feel so much better, how about you?

4 Comments:

At January 27, 2007 5:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said.

 
At January 27, 2007 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right on Bob.

 
At January 27, 2007 6:51 PM, Blogger John Lynch said...

Peace, Bob. May our passion be led & empowered by Christ's heart of love. Press on bro.

 
At January 28, 2007 11:58 AM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

Yeh to all. I need at least one grouch day a week! how many do you need? I wonder if Jesus ever had a grouch day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters