Monday, February 19, 2007

I'm dissatisfied, are you?

I'm dissatisfied with going to church on Sunday? It just doesn't seem to be the right thing thing to do in light of the mission of Jesus. It seems phony and empty. It seems less about Jesus and His Great Commission and more about what man can do. And we men (& women) do it well. I leave church drained, frustrated and saddened as I pass miles of unreached people who will never find Jesus in a church on Sunday.

Are you dissatisfied with going to church on Sunday? Do you long to experience what it means to be the Church and not just go to church?

Am I a Pharisee or a Rebel? Who was Jesus, a pharisee or a rebel? Who must we be to be like Him?

I have my bullet proof vest on.

6 Comments:

At February 20, 2007 3:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was so dissatisfied with going to church that I gave it up completely?

Do you go to hell if you miss a certain number of Sundays?

 
At February 20, 2007 9:49 AM, Blogger gltnforpnshmnt said...

I was so dissatisfied with my feel-good Christianity that I decided I would be committed to a body of believers, whether or not they did everything right, and even when it meets on Sunday afternoon when the Colts play!

Going to church is as much a spiritual discipline as it is a spiritual experience.

 
At February 21, 2007 6:29 AM, Blogger Dr. Terry M. Goodwin said...

David - you go to hell if your name is not in the Book of Life.I have not been to church on Sunday since I became a pastor.

 
At February 21, 2007 11:48 AM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

Adam, I will always appreciate you for your genuine honesty and passion to serve Jesus! While your reasons for going to church are valid there are many many more who attend church for a different of differing reasons.

It is usually not out of passion and discipline to stay on track, it is out of habit and obligation and often guilt.

Even more importantly, going to church does one no good if they are not disciplined to live Jesus where people live, work and play as a lifestyle to make disciples who make disciples.

I know you are living Jesus in the world, Adam.

 
At February 21, 2007 11:51 AM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

Terry, how could you tell the world you don't attend Sunday services?

You brave soul you! Has your love for Jesus suffered any? How does not going on Sunday make a difference in your life. How does missing Sunday services advance the kingdom opportunities to change lives?

There's a whole lot more to this story, ask Terry and also free free to ask me.

 
At February 21, 2007 11:52 AM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

David, Terry is right on in his thoughts. What are your thoughts on this matter?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters