Monday, February 19, 2007

My kind of action!

My first Hockey game since moving to the St. Louis area.

I live in Wentzville (St. Louis) and I grew up just south of Detroit. Which team or teams are mine? (Cards or Tigers - Blues or RedWings)

Same thing in the Super Bowl, my wife is from south of Chicago and we pastored mostly in Indiana. (Cubs or Bears)

The view in this picture is where my friend and I sat. Right in the front row just in front of the ice and the fiberglass in front of us was slammed over and over again. Penalty box on the left.


My friend and neighbor Patrick (left) invited me to tag along with him. He had the tickets and I had the time.


Of course the Blues won over Detroit!
Of course the Cardinals won over Detroit!
Of course the Colts won over Chicago!

Wherever we live - our team wins!

8 Comments:

At February 19, 2007 2:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love hockey, Bobert. We used to go to games all the time in Indpls. Especially when they had Christian music night with Christian concerts with the likes of Petra, Margaret Becker, and Kathy Troccoli and Avalon for no extra cost before the game.

Get inspired and then watch people get pucked! How can you beat it?

I always thought it a bit of an odd combination, but loved both...soo......

 
At February 19, 2007 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's that growth on your face? Man, you leave the pastorate and just chuck all your grooming habits, or what?

Mine is the same right now! Gotta be "authentic" for the Passion Play.

 
At February 19, 2007 8:16 PM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

Mike, who is the passion play for?

 
At February 19, 2007 8:17 PM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

Mike, Who are you going to be in the passion play?

 
At February 19, 2007 8:46 PM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

Mike, I prefer the less formal look these days. I wore my first suit for my brother's funeral since I left your church. I wear jeans to our gatherings with True Vine. I don't carry a Bible, it is on my PDA/phone. I wear my shirt tail out, I rarely wear a belt. I keep my beard short, it is graying.

Not only that, but I feel free! I can be me! Jesus loves me and I am glad He does.

 
At February 19, 2007 9:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, 1st hockey game since moving and Detroit loses. Lets not make that a trend, you know what happened to the Tigers. I hope you didn't have anything to do with that also :)

That's alright, it's not like your home town is next to the winged wheelers anyhow. Next time you need to pull out that PDA and help the home town out, a little prayer for the good guys never hurts.

Sorry for the harasment but I miss you bro, Take care, love you

 
At February 20, 2007 6:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am John, the apostle one not the baptizes Jesus one.

The Passion Play is for anyone, of course. Even you.

 
At February 20, 2007 2:23 PM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

Brother anonymous, I guess you better start praying God moves me back to Michigan so the "old" team can get it on!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters