Sunday, February 18, 2007

Two children and a blessing

My snowblower has been used quite a bit this winter. I almost sold that thing a year ago! Whoever thought God would use a snowblower to bring blessings, knock down barriers and open up the doors of deepening friendship?

I arrived home after running some errands this afternoon to find two neighborhood children (from two different families) who were scraping the packed snow and ice from my driveway. What are you guys doing, I asked? "We are shoveling your driveway. You clean off our driveways and we are cleaning off yours. And, we are doing this for free."

Two young children both around 7 years of age and armed with a snow shovel and a straight edged shovel. Knowing how hard the job was, I told them it was O.K. to leave the really packed and frozen stuff. With that the boy replied, "Nope, we are going to get it all cleaned off." And, they did just that.

I will never forget what I experienced today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters