Thursday, April 19, 2007

Personal Update

Dear friends,

Please accept our strong appreciation for your loving support and prayers as we try to recover from the trauma of our house fire and my burns/skin grafts.

I'm healing well. The doctors seem amazed at how my first and second degree burns have healed. They also like the looks of the grafts on my left hand and arm past my elbow. I'm having trouble sleeping and I do have some pain and stiffness with the skin grafts as well as the area the grafts were taken from my leg. I have weaned myself off pain medications, so I am making it. Remember, I'm the guy who never gets a shot when I get a tooth filling drilled and replaced. Some call that stupid.

The house is being gutted to be repaired. As of today I could see through the studs of every room and even up into the charred and burned up attic. We lost mostly everything on the first and second floors. But those are things that can be replaced and will be in time. While I was trying to put the garage fire out, I didn't realize it was also roaring in the attic. I got out of the garage just seconds before the ceiling collapsed. So I guess you could say, God spared my life and has more for me to do for Him. When the garage caved in Michelle told me later that she thought I died in the fire. I sure didn't want to leave her to care for this mess alone.

We are in temporary housing and are surrounded by India/Pakistan families. We are already getting to know some of them. Who knows what will happen.

Our new True Vine Church is going great and we are seeing conversions and disciple making by the members. We have our second church in the works under Pastor Terry's leadership with the 20 something's. Praise God!

Your prayers are making the difference as Jesus makes the difference through you.

Michelle and I love you very much!


Bob Carder
1814 Prairie Point
O'Fallon, Mo 63368
(temporary)
bcarder@centurytel.net tel:
mobile: 636.379.9312
636.698.4708

Mission District Leader Midwest District, Missionary Church, In


Multiplying Disciples & Churches "Being the Church daily instead of just doing church weekly"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters