Wednesday, April 11, 2007

When I needed help - God showed up.

When I needed help and was in great need in an ambulance on my way to a burn center, I knew God was with me and my lovely wife was holding my hand as to comfort me. I was concerned for what she might be feeling as she watch our house go up in flames and she was agonizing over my intense pain. We had God and each other and the support of other volunteers and community servants along with such caring neighbors.

We all need that! Without God, each other and the needed public support we are in real trouble. But there is more!

My new True Vine Church family also played an important part. It wasn't a service, a program or some design of the church that pulled Michelle and I through and continue to hold us up, it is the family of God who love and serve because that's what family does. No one is trying to make sure someone is doing it -it just happens naturally. I never felt like the pastor and his wife needed to hold my hand, they were present but present with my church family. Not better or more, just with and a part of the family of friendship the family of God offers.

In a disciple making movement the family takes care of the family when the family knows of a need. It is time we stop expecting the clergy to cover the care issues and release the Church family to love, just like Jesus loves. Kick the program and release and train people to love each other the Jesus way, for a good beginning.

In an ongoing way the cards from all over, from those stations in life where we have served continue to come in. Again, it is the Christ family serving a couple in the Christ family who are in need and it is just the way Jesus intended for it to be.

I love all of you, even those of you whom I have never met. We are family and we are connected to Jesus and because of Jesus we are connected to each other. I love this. I am connected to people all around the world through Jesus and in this blog! Awesome to believe and fathom! It humbles me and brings me to unexplainable tears. At times I just weep and weep for no reason other than to weep.

On Easter Sunday when the small children gathered around us to pray for us and lay hands on us I nearly lost it and had I done so that could have been the end of the Easter service or maybe something else. Who knows!

As you pray, I'll deal with these emotions that flood over me in unexplainable ways.

I know God is working, I know He loves us, but there are struggles and we just keep laying them at the feet of the One who can make the difference.

Keep touching others in those ways that make a Jesus difference. Thank you for doing that for Michelle and I.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters