Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Jesus convicts while Satan accuses/condemns

The other day my friend and coach/mentor Clyde and I were talking. Clyde is my coach and accountability partner. Every week we spend an hour or so together. He is honest with me, he prays with me, he corrects me, and he loves me enough to stay with me week after week after week. I am blessed.

In our conversation together we always look into the Word for more truth (logos) and Holy Spirit revelations (rhemas). Every week I learn something new about myself, so I am growing and sometimes it has been very painful.

Clyde and I were discussing prayer and the fact that Jesus is interceding for us. I always knew that I could pray and then that Jesus would take those petitions before the Father. Then Clyde said, when Jesus intercedes, He is also standing between us and our accusers. Satan is the accuser of the brethren. Satan uses people (us) to accuse the brethren. As pastor for over 24 years I have had many of those. As a human being we all have had plenty of them. I have been used by satan to make condemning statements or accusations. Then I was reminded by Clyde that when we accuse or condemn others we are standing against Jesus who stands against those who accuse/condemn. How staggering to learn that I (we) have condemned or accused others while Jesus stood between us and the person we are throwing darts of condemnation at.

Wow does this change how I speak and think. I was convicted and I have repented.

My prayer: "May God help me to never again be used by Satan to accuse or bring condemnation on others. Thank you God for helping me to realize that when I accuse or condemn others I am actually standing against you. Thank you God for standing between me and my accusers, for interceding on my behalf even when I am not praying."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters