Monday, February 04, 2008

My birthday blessing





Turning 50 was no big deal, except for the fact that it was my best birthday ever. Michelle got me some really cool balloons and also saw to it that I had a birthday cake with a total of 50 candles on it. The cake barely held 50 candles and then when I blew them out they made so much smoke I jump up and opened the door. My thought, "Oh no there's smoke in our house again."

The Lord knows how much I love snow. Those of you who know me well know how excited I get when it snows. I am always reminded, "Jesus washes away our sin as white as snow." We got around (I'm guessing) maybe 7 inches or so. The next day I saw two more blessings as I was snow blowing a few driveways. C.J. and his snowman & Samantha and her snow dog. God is helping me to notice the simple blessings of life.

Then on Saturday, our church family gathered together as the Church (we didn't go to church we gathered together as the Church. Amy made me two birthday cakes for our church family to share together and everyone sang happy birthday to me. It was fun as I looked around at all the children who were singing with such joy as youth and adults followed. Having the children present and worshiping with us is one of the greatest joys of my entire ministry. These children are learning the meaning for our gathering to worship God and they participate in it. Little 6 year old Levi asked if he could pray and he did a great job.

My birthday goal is to lose 30 pounds and keep it off before 51 rolls around. This is a great prayer need. What? No more sugar?

4 Comments:

At February 05, 2008 10:47 AM, Blogger Liz Carder said...

Glad to hear you had a good birthday! Thanks for posting the pictures,looks like michelle went all out! Silas is talking a lot and i'm sure he said "Happy Birthday".

 
At February 05, 2008 11:40 AM, Blogger Michael Ehret said...

50 candles?

As the fisherman said in the movie "Jaws," (and I paraphrase to fit the current situation):

"You're gonna need a bigger (cake)."

Love ya, bro!

 
At February 07, 2008 9:23 PM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

I need a smaller body for a larger cake. I don't need to be a whale any longer. I don't need to bite heads off any longer. I just need to show my teeth.

 
At February 07, 2008 9:25 PM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

Thanks to Silas our first grandchild who echoed Happy Birthday in baby goo goo!

He is the best, cutest,and most adorable grandchild I have ever seen. I love that little rascal and his parents who presented such a wonderful gift. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters