Thursday, September 04, 2008

My Disciples must first be taught...

As I think about my next disciples -what must they be taught?

As soon as I lead them to Christ...they discover that they must lead others to freedom in Christ by being set free themselves.

So I lead them through the Steps to Freedom so they can first be set free from strongholds, generational sins, open doors etc. We are leading people into freedom, we are setting captives free.

I lead them into water baptism. If I lead them to Jesus I lead them into water baptism. The discipler always baptizes his/her disciple.

I lead them into community by introducing them to the church family, this is usually done at the baptism.

I lead them into the teaching on the Baptism of the Holy Spirit with evidence. Of course everyone receives the Holy Spirit in conversion but they also need the baptism of the Holy Spirit Scripture refers to. It is with the Holy Spirit baptism that new disciples discover the power to lead others to Jesus. Perhaps this is why the church is so ineffective here.

I help them discover their Ephesians 4 gifts as well as their spiritual and manifestation gifts.

I quickly move them into the disciplines. Five are for them to grow and the other disciplines are for the church to grow. They will never disciple others without mastering the spiritual disciplines. The spiritual disciples are the most important key to spiritual growth following conversion, water baptism, steps to freedom and the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

I lead them into spiritual warfare teaching.

Remember we are not making good church members we are making great Christ followers. The redemptive mission of Christ is the most important thing we exist for.

3 Comments:

At September 05, 2008 7:10 AM, Blogger Michael Ehret said...

I think this is the first time you've shared what you actually DO -- and I love it!

 
At September 05, 2008 10:16 AM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

I sure wish you would have asked or did you?

 
At September 05, 2008 10:28 AM, Blogger Michael Ehret said...

Of course, I asked! Way early on. I was asking for concrete steps (this post is close) you were providing esoteric/theological steps. Yeah, you, esoteric...who'da thunk it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters