Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Prayer Letter Week of February 21, 2006

Dear Faith Partners, District Leaders and other friends,

It has been an exciting last 7 days with some really good propects in our sights. A good and wise friend of mine told me before I took this job that the most difficult part of my job (more difficult than raising money) will be recruiting good leaders. I never knew how right those words would prove to be and how hard fundraising for my support would be. So you can see I am very challenged these days - Maybe even over-stretched!

I'm praying for God to keep the partners we have encouraged and for God to send forth workers and resources to the harvest fields of Kansas City & St. Louis. This is our most urgent prayer request for now. The most important thing God told us to do is pray for workers in the harvest fields. We need for God to answer that prayer as well as resources for the harvest. We are trusting God for at least (4) church planting teams on the ground and working the harvest by early summer. Please pray.

Tonight we are having dinner with one of our neighbors and their children. I'm also networking our connections in the city, as well as following up on leads I have for 2 additional church planters in Kansas City as well as a few other people who are interested in our work here in St. Louis. It is crunch time! Finding team members who are Missionary Church in faith and practice isn't as easy as it may look. So the screening process is very time consuming to say the least.

I daily feel the pressure; of raising my own support through my friend networks, of finding the needle in a haystack called church planters, and creating a system where disciples can be made. I'm still hanging out by faith and with that comes some incredible challenges that drive me to my knees. I'm trusting God to pull us safely through.

Thank you for your prayers and financial sacrifice on behalf of this great mission and dream to plant 30 churches in the next 6 years.

If you need giving information please visit: theplanter.blogspot.com and follow the simple steps under Giving on the right of the page.

I love you,

Bob

Rev. Robert D. Carder
Mission District Leader (Midwest Region)
Missionary Church, Inc
636.698.4708 & 636.332.9311
bcarder@centurytel.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters