Sunday, April 30, 2006

Just One Neighbor....

Just one family on our street goes to Church. Just one family on our street in a million streets across America. I know it's not about going to Church. I know people long for friendship and relationships. But how many of my neighbors and your neighbors actually invest time in these wonderful people?

We took our Mormon neighbors out for pizza the other day. It was a fun time. I wonder how many "Christians" have taken the time to know them? They are really nice people. They do not see things the way we "Christians" do, but they are still committed people. Who will reach them if we judge them, mistrust them, sterotype them, and neglect them?

What will we do about our neighbors?

What are you doing?

3 Comments:

At May 01, 2006 6:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What are you doing?

Right on Bob. May 20, 2006 we are having 15 people over for a cook out and a "spirituality" discussion. No pressure, just food, friendship and questions. Please pray that the Holy Spirit uses this time for the Kingdom.

Blessings...

Where are the others posts, encouragements and thoughts on your great blog?

 
At May 01, 2006 9:11 AM, Blogger Rev. Rick Carder '87 / ' 03 said...

Right on, Bob! You are right to bridge a relationship with your neighbors - no matter who they are! We all are given the same materials and opportunities. Some Build Walls, while others BUILD BRIDGES! Thanks for being a bridge builder.

 
At May 01, 2006 11:46 AM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

Thanks guys for sharing my passion and heart for making disciples who make disciples. I will be praying for your efforts (Jim & Rick)that they will be Holy Spirit blessed.

I'm really not sure how many people visit my blogsite - I do know over 200 people know about it via my faith partner prayer letters etc.

I do also wish more people would respond to the posts.

As far as "Just One Neighbor" is concerned - many people are too busy going to church -to be the church. There is a vast difference between the two. In America I fear that we are going to church and not being the church in action.

If we are the Church - than we are reaching out to and building bridges with every lost person we meet.

As others read this post, I have one question. Are you going to church and being the Church or are you just going to church?

Just going to church is killing Christianity in America.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters