Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Most Recent Prayer Update

Dear Partners in Ministry,

After just getting in from meeting (in Indianapolis) with Bob Ransom, our U.S. Ministries Director and Missionary Church President, Dr. Bill Hossler and other team members, I am pumped. It is exciting to be part of a denomination that cares more about reaching and discipling lost people than expanding the Missionary Church. When we care more about (the kingdom) of reaching lost people even though they are in another town and in another state or in another Church and not "just" overseas ---I believe God will bless us.

In the morning I leave for Portland, Oregon (very early) and I will be attending the District Board meetings, a Pastor's Cluster and Coaching Dever Conner. I will be out for a week or so.

Please pray for many leads I am following up on. I have received great interest in both Kansas City and St. Louis. Many people are concerned more about the harvest of reaching and discipling lost people than they are about having secure pay checks and financial stability.

What I know is this...Making Disciples who make disciples will cost nothing. Anyone can do it with the will to do it. But, we do have financial needs because we want to help any way we can to bring families and other leaders to these target cities. Please pray for more people and resources for this ripening harvest field. If you cannot move to these target cities, maybe you can help others move.

We have a growing number of people who are willing to be bi-vocational to make this new movement of making disciples who make disciples possible. I praise God for birthing this sacrifice in the hearts of many people.

Please pray for our safety and protection and for wisdom in the days ahead. Please pray for my fundraising efforts to be successful as I raise the remaining half of my support. Please pray that God will deliver people eager to know Christ in my path so I can also be at the business of making disciples who make disciples.

Here's what I know for sure. If I can make a disciple who makes a disciple who makes a disciple who makes a disciple --we will create a movement for God that cannot be stopped. We are on the verge of seeing this new kind of Christianity actually in action, finally in the United States.

Please pray and give as the Lord leads...

I love you,

BOB

Bob Carder
Mission District Leader
Missionary Church, Inc.
636.698.4708

1 Comments:

At April 22, 2006 1:45 PM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

OOPS...I missed one word in this column that has been corrected. I said not overseas when I really meant not "Just" overseas in the first paragraph. My good missionary friends and strong supports (the McBriers) serve in Hungary. I'm glad they brought this to my attention.

I care about lost people everywhere not just in my city or yours. I mean everywhere. God has just called me to the Midwest region where millions are unreached. But I have had trouble getting churches in America on board with caring about St. Louis and Kansas City because they are concerned with their own cities at the exclusion of other places in America. Some will even consider foreign Missions at the expense of other cities in America.

I care about lost people everywhere.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters