Wednesday, November 15, 2006

The most rediculous item of the day

I cannot resist a pot shot here. The most rediculous item of the day! I'm still -well you see for yourself.

Yesterday I received a promotional copy of the magazine called "Your Church" and before tossing it I decided to take a glance. I got through it pretty fast since I don't need buildings, budgets or more butts in pews. Before doing what I always do, I glanced at the back cover and something caught my eye. It was amazing!

Let me set it up for you.

A full color picture of a pastor in a suit standing in front of His new church sign!

The add reads:

Ready for a quality sign?
How one church grew from 200 to 800 in just 6 months. Living Water church grew from 200 to 800...in just 6 months! How? They used a quality sign from RobSon to tell their community about their quality ministries.

"To date, we're up over 300 percent. The RobSon sign is by far the number one reason." -Pastor Terry Howell

(My brief comments)
Doesn't everyone wish they had one of these quality church signs?
Don't you wish you could have all the excitement a quality church sign brings?
Your answer to bringing in more people - a new quality church sign.
Let's all get a new quality church sign and advance the cause of Christ.
Finally my answer to getting more people in church, a new quality church sign.

Now the signs are nice (check em out www.RobsonSign.com). If you check out the site click on testimonials.

Remember they say, "It is a proven fact that a high-quality church sign will typically increase your church attendance over 10% a year."

Quality church signs are going fast -get yours while there is still time!

9 Comments:

At November 15, 2006 3:02 PM, Blogger Dr. Terry M. Goodwin said...

It reminds me of the old Jeff Foxworthy comedy routine - He thought stupid people should wear a sign to warn others.

It would go something like this.

If you think your church sign is the answer to church growth then all I can say is - here's your sign.

 
At November 15, 2006 4:25 PM, Blogger Curt said...

Now wait a minute, Terry...maybe the sign really does get 'er done!

 
At November 15, 2006 5:40 PM, Blogger Curt said...

that's what Larry the Cable Guy told me!

 
At November 15, 2006 6:17 PM, Blogger Missional Jerry said...

hold a second - I gotta clean up my monitor - I just spit my soup all over it

 
At November 15, 2006 7:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wait wait wait..."here's your sign" is NOT Jeff Foxworthy! It's that OTHER guy on the Blue Collar show...Bill Engvall.

You wanna make fun of people with church signs? ... "here's your sign!"

What's that Bible verse about a generation always wanting a sign???

 
At November 16, 2006 8:31 AM, Blogger Curt said...

You might be a redneck if you get your sign guys mixed up!

 
At November 16, 2006 9:36 AM, Blogger Slatts said...

"Rediculous"?

Isn't that one of those crayola color names?

That's probably funnier if you've seen this:
http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail160.html

 
At November 18, 2006 5:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nobody understands this church. They have done the first thing to convince people they have the answers from the LORD. They are moving in signs. The second part, the wonders, is what we all do.

 
At November 18, 2006 6:18 AM, Blogger Dr. Terry M. Goodwin said...

Louwrens - I had to read it twice but that was funny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters