Tuesday, November 21, 2006

We have a window of opportunity!!

The holidays give us a window of opportunity to make a difference. Can we? Yes we can! Will we? I sure do hope so! BUT - I must also do my part! How about you?

In just a few short days many will celebrate Thanksgiving with families and friends. And then just around the corner is Christmas as you well know. What a great time for many. While we will celebrate over these holidays -others will not have such an opportunity. For many in America and around the world they will do without on Thanksgiving day and on the days before and after. Christmas is much the same -the Jesus we celebrate is a Jesus that needs to feed the poor through us. I'm saddened today by the needs of the poor, orphans and widows who cannot provide for themselves and their families.

What can we do to ease the suffering in our world. Oh there was a time in my life when I thought people are poor because they choose to be. But I now know that is not true. There are so many things that could cause all of us to fall into this very situation. What can I do?

In this post I would like to hear from you. What can I do or what are you doing to ease the suffering in the world this thanksgiving season. We still have Christmas just around the corner, is there someone in my reach who needs help? Is there someone God has placed in your life who needs help?

God does call us to care about the poor, the orphans and the widows. As the body of Christ, that is the very least we can do. But as well, God is concerned about struggling families and those in adverse situations. There are even those families who have parents that could make a difference but choose some addiction over the children. We should help those children anyway.

Can you give some thoughts and or ideas to make a difference this Thanksgiving and Christmas Season?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters