Wednesday, January 10, 2007

It's not just one man's dream...

My friend Bill Huffhine has a dream that many others of us share as well. In his post, "I No Longer Fit" Bill cleverly gives us words to describe what many of us hunger for.

Bill writes, "The Lord willing, I will be involved in the formation of new faith communities (I can't bring myself to call it church-planting anymore) in the very near future. I believe that the faith communities I am involved in forming will begin with a handful of people of whom some will be pre-Christians and the others will be missionaries. They will grow slowly as we focus on people who don't know God and patiently walk the journey of faith with them and then teach them to walk the journey with others. They will gather primarily in public places and private homes rather than on a church campus. And they will be led by a brotherhood of visionary, humble, and servant-oriented elders rather than through the implementation of a top-down governing structure."

You must read the entire article "I No Longer Fit" and bookmark his blogsite for much more insightful reading and challenge. Bill Huffhine


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters