Monday, January 08, 2007

My new friend shares...

He writes: "DOING or BEING the church ... what a difference. Here's what I've found.

When I resigned a more "traditional" ministry, took a sabbatical leave, got involved in secular work, let God use me to start a new body of believers ... I found out more about BEING the church than ever before!

BUT NOW ... now that this "new church" has established it's own "tradition" and is leasing a facility it doesn't have to move in and out of every week, it starts to DO THE CHURCH again! A nice facility has promoted, quite unintentionally, a sense of comfort. Thus a sense of "CHURCH" on Sunday. A FOCUS of ministry on SUNDAY! It's harder to BE the church during the week."

Anyone have any ideas here? Other input? Oh boy, is this ever something to think about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters