Sunday, January 07, 2007

I confronted yet another!

Why is it that I walk right into it? Maybe you shouldn't answer that question. Have mercy on me.

Now that I have mercy it is still hard not to comment. WHY, WHY, Why do people have to pre-screen the comments on their blogs? Is there a problem I am not aware of?

What reasons could people have for not posting the comments that other people post on their blog posts without a pre-screening or approving what is said?

I have my ideas but maybe you can help me understand. It's just seems to be a sissy thing to do?
What happens if the comments are not approved? Do we only want certain comments?

Whatcha gotta say? Do people swear or something? Do people, well I better stop because I do have a vivid imagination. (A spiritual gift, I cannot get rid of).

6 Comments:

At January 07, 2007 11:49 PM, Blogger Slatts said...

Maybe it's for anti-spam? I also know that my father co-authors a blog and many people asked for the comments to be screened because of trolls. He was relunctant, but eventually agreed that it was best that way.

 
At January 08, 2007 12:42 AM, Blogger Rick Dugan said...

I have to approve membership in a MSN Group that I moderate because I was getting lots of posts from dating services. I don't moderate posts at my blog and haven't needed to.

Incidentally, I just switched a few days ago from Blogger to Wordpress. So far I like Wordpress a lot better. There's not much there yet (I only relocated a few posts and none of the comments), but you can take a look at www.honest2blog.wordpress.com

Ok, that was sneaky yet shameless self-promotion! ;-)

 
At January 08, 2007 7:49 AM, Blogger Bill said...

Hey Bob.

Yes...there is a very good reason to. When I started my first blog I left it unmoderated and within 48 hours of my first post I had about 10 comments from spammers promoting Viagara, "enlargement" techniques, and other crap.

It's just a layer of protection for the readers.

 
At January 08, 2007 10:32 AM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

Bill, I sure don't want that stuff here. Anyway I hope those ickies don't find me.

However, I did have someone deny my comments more than once because I was disagreeing with him. Since then I can't even post for some reason.

While there is a good reason to screen some people screen for the wrong reason.

Guys, Rick, Slatts, Bill -you have helped me here. Thanks!

 
At January 08, 2007 10:32 AM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

Rick, We'll check out the blog, you sneaker you.

 
At January 08, 2007 10:33 AM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

Bill, I sure don't want that stuff here. Anyway I hope those ickies don't find me.

However, I did have someone deny my comments more than once because I was disagreeing with him. Since then I can't even post for some reason.

While there is a good reason to screen some people screen for the wrong reason.

Guys, Rick, Slatts, Bill -you have helped me here. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters