Thursday, February 08, 2007

A Huge Thank you!

To all my blogging friends from around the world I want to express my deepest thanks for all the prayers lifted before God for our family during this hard time. Losing a brother or a son is very hard. I never experienced losing a sibling in this manner. It was and remains difficult as many of you know from experience. Our sorrow is not unlike yours. Time does heal the loss but we never forget our loved ones.

My brothers funeral was like none I have ever attended. The funeral was pulled together by my parents Pastor Jim Luttrell and my brother Jim. They did a great job. Since we are a family of 8 kids (now 7) we had the oldest "son" (nephew) from each of our families do something. Jim led out with words of tribute and a message, we sang together "Amazing Grace" as brother Rick led us. We had a special music and message by Pastor Jeff. My son Matt spoke great words of healing and tribute and I offered some brief reflections along with brother Tom & Rick. Every one of the brothers and one sister through their families offered something of significance.

The funeral lasted 1 hour and 45 minutes and we didn't care (maybe some of the guests did) but it was a healing time for all of us. The funeral procession was long and we had a graveside service in the frigid temperatures as our teeth nearly chattered out of our mouths.

At the graveside my dad and mom waited for the casket to be lowered into the ground, they wanted to be alone and we honored that request. My dad has since visited the graveside where he wept loudly and hard over his son's grave.

My dad and mom need your prayers. We are especially concerned about dad. He is taking it so very hard that we sort of fear that this will kill him. Please pray for healing and peace for my parents and especially for my dad who is experiencing high blood pressure and heart concerns, something that has followed my brother's death.

Thank you for the support we have from all our blogging friends from around the world. You came through for us and God heard your prayers.

How can I thank you all? What can I do for you? Do you need prayer for anything?

2 Comments:

At February 10, 2007 7:58 AM, Blogger Carl said...

Bob, I did not blog any comments, however I hope you did receive my message!

I am praying for all your family

 
At February 10, 2007 1:31 PM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

Carl, I sure did and it was very encouraging while also uplifting.

Thanks my friend,

Bob

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters