Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Yet another...A Movement is born

We had our first disciples-making disciples training this past weekend. What a powerful and Holy Spirit anointed time, it was so powerful when God showed up we were all touched by Him.

Jessica was present and I invite you to read her response. Here's a snippet!

It's Been Awhile

My brother quoted one of my favorite authors (Brennan Manning) on his blog regarding the Discipleship training that TrueVine participated in this weekend. Oddly, I was reminded all weekend of a Brennan Manning quote, as well.

"I want neither a blood'n'guts religion that would make Clint Eastwood, not Jesus, our hero, nor a speculative religion that would imprison the Gospel in the halls of academia, nor a noisy, feel-good religion that is a naked appeal to emotion. I long for passion, intelligence, and compassion in a Church without ostentation, gently beckoning to the world to come and enjoy the peace and unity we possess because of the Spirit in our midst."

For the rest of the article again click on Jessica.

1 Comments:

At May 23, 2007 6:35 PM, Blogger Jessica Sanford said...

The reason you missed Brennan Manning: He's a Catholic. Well.. rebel Catholic. None of my Catholic friends like him :) You probably will, though... you like rebels. :)

One Manning book I'd suggest is The Raggamuffin Gospel. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters