Sunday, July 15, 2007

If you like living mostly in gray areas...

Be reminded that many things that Jesus said were stated in black and white. Some issues are clearly not clear and so I am not bothered because it can be seen may ways. Many more are black and white and I take them seriously. Thus I do tend to write more in black and white that I do in the gray.

I love it when people try to take black and white and make it gray so I can seize the opportunity of further dialog.

Don't try to make everything Jesus taught something "gray". Truth is truth and it is very clear, I just wish you could see it clearly.

thoughts?

4 Comments:

At July 17, 2007 6:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you give an example?

 
At July 17, 2007 7:59 PM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

Jesus said, Go and make disciples of all nations...This is a supreme commission for all Christ followers. Yet let's say a over 75% (really high) believe in he Great commission but live as if it is not for them to fulfill personally. A black and white issue turned into a gray area. I see it black and white, everyone is commanded to make disciples personally and yet the church in general sees it as a optional command and thus treat it as a gray area.

My friend hates it when I make direct black and white statements so I used this post to bring him out of the woodwork but he would rather hide in the cracks.

Is a person making disciples as commanded? A supreme command for every Christ follower. (Black and white)

Is a person a good church member? A Gray area since we were never commanded to be good church members.

The church often moves the black and white areas of Scripture into gray areas and the result is that we have watered down the clear in order to be free to do as we wish.

 
At July 17, 2007 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are incorrigible and an evil troll. Hiding in the cracks, indeed! Bah!

 
At July 17, 2007 10:06 PM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

Mike, I knew I would draw you out! I did it.. You took the bait!

I want to give you my friend a big hug.

Love you bro!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters