Tuesday, July 24, 2007

In God we trust or not?


Subject: The new dollar coin, by John Lynch

Today I picked up at Bank of America several of the new $1 coins with the picture of George Washington on it. To my shock and dismay the words, "In God We Trust", are not on this coin! A quick search of the other coin denominations in my collection confirmed that every one contained these faithful words. The new George Washington $1 coin is the first money ever issued by the USA in modern history without the words "In God We Trust".

By omitting these words, our politically correct, secularist leaders made a conscientious decision that either; 1) God does not exist, or 2) that God exists, but can no longer be trusted. Who originally put 'In God We Trust' onto our currency? My bet is that it was one of the Presidents on these coins. All our U.S. Government has done is Dishonor them, and disgust me!!! I am personally offended and fed up with the denigration of God and Christianity in my country. I am certain George Washington would never have agreed to his picture on the coin if it any way diminished faith in God.

What can we do to show our displeasure? First of all, let's boycott the coin. Do not ask for it at bank. If it is given to you in change ask for dollar bills instead and tell the person why. Write your Senators stating your displeasure. Finally, if you agree, pass this e-mail on to others. Collectively, we must send a strong message to those secularists who are trying to remove God from our culture. If we do this, some 300 million $1.00 coins will back up and rot in the supply chain! To God be the glory! Together we can force them out of circulation. Please send to all on you mail list !!!

It might be surprising to some to learn that Jesus actually talks about what's printed on government currency in Mark chapter 12:

10 Comments:

At July 24, 2007 10:04 AM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

I feel the earth shake as old George rolls over in His grave.

I'm not going to let one of those George coins enter the palm of my hand.

The Planter: This reminded me of a Jewish teacher I had in high school who also repeated this phrase to me, "In God we trust, all others cash." And then, a huge smile came over his face.

He knew the importance of "In God we trust."

Thanks, John for sharing this with us. What will they think of next, I mean those hollow and shallow politicians?

 
At July 24, 2007 11:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Seems to me that the American government putting "In God We Trust" on coins would be quite the hypocrisy.

 
At July 24, 2007 11:32 AM, Blogger Dr. Terry M. Goodwin said...

Forget the money and the symbols. If you really want to keep God in our country and in our culture then go and make disciples.

 
At July 24, 2007 3:14 PM, Blogger Joel Smith said...

I'm pretty sure "In God we trust" was not placed on our currency until the latter part of the Civil War (or War Against Northern Aggression as we southerners refer to it). Seems to me that the spiritual climate of America has only declined since the words were added. Maybe the deletion is a good thing. Perhaps we'll stop confusing US cultural Christianity with the real thing.

 
At July 24, 2007 3:17 PM, Blogger Gary said...

Great stuff guys! The problem is us(the church). Me,you and the rest. I(we) live powerless lives w/o HIS SPIRIT!!! I don't believe the disciples of JESUS knew what to expect at Pentecost, but they changed the course of HIStory. No programs, no buildings, nothing but HOLY GHOST power. I've been looking at the JESUS' life and HE said, we will do even greater things. What does that mean? What does it look like?

 
At July 24, 2007 3:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Render unto Ceasar, what is Ceasar's. Render unto God, what is God's.

 
At July 24, 2007 3:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's there. It's just "hidden."

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=53115

 
At July 31, 2007 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check the edge of the coins....you WILL find "In God We Trust".

 
At August 11, 2007 4:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So......did you ever check it again to find out that you'd just overlooked it?

 
At August 12, 2007 11:57 PM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

I haven't checked it out, but I somehow believe you even though you are anonymous like a ghost without an identity.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters