Thursday, July 19, 2007

Thought provoking...


FROM a post by Mike Hayden in the Allelon forum and was stolen from Bill Huffhine's blog the link is on the right column under blogs.

Mike says....

I long for a Sunday where we don't take up a tithe and share the Malachi disobedience scripture as a way of increasing the purse.

I long for the day when we actually sing unto the lord for more than 25 minutes exactly with 2 fast songs and 2 reflective.

I long for the days when we don't have sermons planned ahead for 6 months!

I long for the day when we don't name our sermons after Reality Shows!

I long for the day when we actually realize that to heal sick people you have to actually practice it by the laying on of hands not just want people to get better by osmosis and hugs.

I long for the day when we stop tracking numbers and then gaging our attendance as whether God is on our side.

I long for the day when we eat dinner together laugh, pray, and share stories about Jesus and that's actually called communion (Not the all-in-one communion container handed out at church) (I'm waiting for a comedian to get his hands on one of these fast food communion containers).

I long for the day when the Pastors and teachers equip the church to do the work of the ministry not how to succeed in the world as Christians.

I long for the day when we will not see homosexuality as the issue of the day or worse never talk about it at all because of possible offense.

I long for the day when we will stop putting kids in kids church, teens in teens church, blacks in blacks church, whites in whites church and then wonder why we the church cannot break racial barriers or why the family is weakened in the church.

I long for the day when Children's ministry stops entertaining kids with coloring books and movies and then wonders why they just want to be entertained when they are 16 years old. Then we hand them to a youth minister and say fix them…

I long for Jesus and love his bride.. Help!

The Planter: WOW! I wish my brother Mike would continue this excellent introduction moving on to the rest of the story.

12 Comments:

At July 19, 2007 7:10 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Great post brother! I think I've seen this somewhere before. ;-)

 
At July 19, 2007 10:10 AM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

You should, It came from your blog and then through Mike E who sent it to me.

It takes a thief to spot another.

:)

 
At July 19, 2007 3:58 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You and Mike are my two most faithful readers. :-)

Thought you were gonna call me.

 
At July 19, 2007 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait, wait...I'm not being called a thief, am I?

And by the way, Nashville? Is anyone still thinking about Nashville?

 
At July 19, 2007 6:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'd love to meet up with you guys! Let's make it happen!

 
At July 19, 2007 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're waiting on Bobert ... you and I are willing, Bill.

 
At July 22, 2007 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To Thought Provoking... You sound
like Andy Rooney. Quit crying in
your beer. If you want to ex-
perience the things that you're
longing for just take a look at True Vine. They're being lead by
the Holy Spirit and are seeing
much fruit. Man! What a concept.

Sorry I don't have a Blog name,
call me Davy Crockett (pathfinder)

 
At July 22, 2007 4:03 PM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

I wish I could send "Thought provoking" whoever the author is, the above comments from anonymous.

Hey Bill or Mike, can you do this for me?

 
At July 22, 2007 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the Planter wrote:

The Planter: WOW! I wish my brother would continue this excellent introduction moving on to the rest of the story.


Mike E. writes: Been waiting for you to "complete" this Bob, with the "rest of the story." Thought you would let us hang out there for a while, but would eventually give it a shot...where are you?

 
At July 22, 2007 8:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and Bobert? (whispering) N-a-s-h-v-i-l-l-e.

 
At July 23, 2007 10:31 AM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

How about St. Louis to see what we are doing here for enlightenment?

I would make it to Nashville if we can arrange a time and date. Shoot some options at me. I didn't say shoot me.

 
At July 23, 2007 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't speak fir Bill, but St. Louse is a fer piece from Atlanta.

I would love to come to St. Louis. And will, I hope, some time this year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters