Monday, November 12, 2007

Some think...

I spoke with two friends on the issue of God's persecution with reference to God's will and satanic persecution and find that in the religious community many cannot tell the difference.

Is it God trying to get our attention?

Or, is it Satan trying to kill us before a movement is born?

I have discovered two things:

If God is trying to get through to us, it will be totally clear.
If God is trying us it is because of disobedience.

Because of these two indicators I realize it is Satan who seeks to destroy those who are part of disciple making movements. I know this because 2007 has been just that, a horribly challenging year. Think with me and my struggles: a brothers suicide, a house fire, lyme disease, two kinds of infections including staph (two month of recovery), and the whole process of getting our house done and personal property issues resolved and settled with my insurance, all of which reveal strong satanic presence. Still others would rather take the easy route and believe God is persecuting me. The end result is that I do not care what humans think! Michelle and I will stay the course of seeking the birth and see the birth of a Disciple Driven Church that makes the making of disciples the main thing. I would rather die than give up on the Great Commission of making disciples who themselves make disciples.

I must say that while persecuted, (even by those I thought to be the closest of friends) we do remain entirely focussed on all that God brought us here (St. Louis) to experience and see fulfilled by the Holy Spirit.

Our only prayer is that lives will be transformed regardless of what the mature believers and leaders think of us. What God does through us is what matters and what man thinks or says falls on the soil hardened by the rocks when not aligned with God and His great purpose of transforming those who appear to be far from Him.

I love Jesus, the Church, His Mission and all He demands of us. While some may give up on me/us and they have or will, We remain steady with those who bear the scars of the cross.

In the end it only matters what God thinks of us and the vision we hold to. While God looks for transformation others may look for man's approval. I refuse to please the latter when the first is clearly the will of God.

Some think while God thinks and the two are not in unity.

Thoughts?

4 Comments:

At November 12, 2007 10:54 PM, Blogger Judy said...

Definitely....God always sees the heart...man doesn't have the capability to do that....unless of course they are living in the Spirit...I'm glad you aren't discouraged with your year. While you have been waging war in the physical realm many around you are winning wars in the spiritual realm. If what we are doing is not of God then transformation wouldn't be so thick in our midst. Judy

 
At November 30, 2007 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The timing of events often indicates what kind of trial we are suffering. If one event piles on top of another (events of mishap;misfortune)I believe the devil is probably at work.

OR if the timing of even one event is such that it appears to hinder what has been determined to be God's will, it is probably the devil working. Your house fire, Bob, would be an example of this. Our Conference last year was an "upper" to making disciples. The fire came as an obvious attack. Also the death of Stephen's wife, Lorri, falls in this category.

Which brings to mind that a series of "bad" events can not only string together in our own lives, but can be seen in our larger body of brothers and sisters in the same ministry venue (our district).

Now, I wonder about God trying us and the issue of disobedience. Would God allow us to be tried simply to purify/strengthen our faith? I believe so. Job was not disobedient but "perfect" according to God's own word. And even the devil was the tool of trial here.

You, brother, know this from personal experience! BOTTOM LINE? I thank God and YOU for holding fast to your faith; for providing a positive example of perserverance; and for refusing to be overcome in the face of hostile attack!

May God bring much fruit!

TIM

 
At December 11, 2007 3:26 PM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

If God is trying to get my attention why isn't He speaking?

 
At December 12, 2007 8:36 AM, Blogger Judy said...

Bob, does He have your attention? It seems so, I can only assume then that He IS speaking if He has your attention, eh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters