Thursday, September 04, 2008

My friend nails me in a previous post...

The Planter: This was recently posted down the post line. I'm bringing it to the surface here and now for more discussion. I love how people view me as the enemy when I am only probing the cancer for the cure.

My friend J.R. wrote: "I am curious Bob, you post frequently about all the people that are in error and who reject your movement. I cannot recall a single post talking about someone outside of your group that you support or agree with. Can you name one other organization, outside of your own, that is doing it right? Has the right theology of the Spirit and has the right theology of disciple-making?"

THE PLANTER: I've never said everyone is in error. I have said that God is working and is blessing in the old wine skin called the American Church. I did not say everything is wrong. I love to worship, I love to give to God through His Church, I love to partake of Holy Communion. I love to gather with my church family. However, I do not want to live the rest of my life in a wine skin ministry that is losing her effectiveness to reach the multitudes here in America. I came to St. Louis to see if God would do in America what He is doing in other parts of the world, miraculously. In case you haven't noticed, young adults are leaving the church in America in search Jesus! They long for miraculous.

There are others in America doing what I am doing with much success. It seems God is birthing a Holy Spirit empowered movement of disciple making that refuses to be restricted to a church location or geographical boundaries/limitations. It is a Holy Spirit released work.

Just because I have pointed out the sickness of the American Church does not mean I am against her. I just can't get over the pastors who get defensive when I point put where the church is sick. If we are going to get well, we better admit that we are sick.

I agree with every group, believer or organization that views the Great Commission with supremacy and believes it will take Holy Spirit empowered followers of Christ to recapture God's Redemptive work as laid out in the life and message of Jesus. Remember this is a fresh work of the Holy Spirit, those involved are yet to be named.

I pushing for Reformation in America. God started it with Luther and now I see the Holy Spirit finishing what He started in our day.

God is working in the American Church, He alone gets the glory.

I long for God's manifold purpose to revealed through the Church. That purpose is that God is God and He alone is God. It has always been God's desire to use His Church to prove His glory and power to the demons, spiritual principalities and Satan himself. We are bearers of the message, God is God and He alone is God. Are we proclaiming with evidence that message?

Does Satan and his cohorts see through the Church that God is God and He alone is God? Is the Church of Jesus so powerful and full of miracles (in America)that even the demons are convinced that God is God and He alone is God? Do our young people see the power of God being revealed in and through the Church?

I don't have to like or stay in the powerless America Church I have been a part of. I don't have to settle for that either. I long for something more...that is what I live for and that is what I am now seeing. Never did I ever think I would see and experience what I now see and experience in this Holy Spirit birthed wine skin.

It's not about Theology! It about released geography. It about a released people to do a God released work without man's control or limitations. Let's just let God do what He wants to do and how He wants to do it. Do I know what that looks like? No I do not. But it is exciting to see every new day reveal another piece of the puzzle.

Thanks J.R. for giving me an opportunity to share this here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters